• A.A.S. Automotive Service and Elite Masters Service Advisor Certified
• Extensive experience in all aspects of working in an auto repair facility from repairs and diagnosis to service writing and managing shops.• Experienced using G.B.M.S., VAST, RO Writer, mKey, Protractor and Mitchell
• Strong technical knowledge of domestic and import vehicles
• Possesses excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
• An effective manager with the skills necessary to direct, train, and motivate staff to its fullest potential
AS A SERVICE WRITER/ADVISOR:
• Able to accuratly interpret customers’ descriptions of their vehicle problems and translate those into clear instructions for service technicians.
• Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
• Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment, including deductibles.
• Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
• Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation.
• Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
AS A SHOP MANAGER
• Maximizing revenue by ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction, attracting more customers through referrals and increasing the value of each service job• Hire, train, motivate, counsel and monitor the performance of a team of technicians with the skills and qualifications to carry out the type of servicing and repairs offered by the auto shop
• Prepare schedules and plan staff duty rotations to ensure that servicing and repairs are completed as quickly as possible. • Select and maintain equipment, such as diagnostic tools, that will improve quality and productivity in the service department.